- One thing for sure: if you follow these 10 Commandments, rules,
you will definitely be miserable. Sometimes we allow these Commandments to control our lives and
wonder, "why am I always so miserable?" Read these, think them over, see if you have fallen
victim to any of them.
1. Thou shalt be liked by everybody for everything thou does or
2. Thou cannot be happy unless everything is exactly the way
thou want it to be.
3. Accordingly all unhappiness thou suffers is always caused by
external events or other people, and thou art only the victim.
4. Also it is wiser for thou to avoid life's difficulties than
to face them and deal with them.
5. Thou should be thoroughly knowledgeable and competent in all
situations or thou are a failure in life.
6. Because a negative experience happened to thou at one time
in thine life, Thou shall forever be defeated by it.
7. Thou shall have certain and complete control over all people
and events in thine life, or chaos will result.
8. Thou shall put thine happiness and comfort at the top of
thine priority list so as to live a fulfilled life.
9. Thou shall compare and contrast thineself with other people
so as to know if thou are successful or not.
10. Thou shall have certainty of success before thou ever
What is the connection with these 10 Commandments, rules, and
martial arts? Well, success or failure in the martial arts as in life is mostly determined by
ones attitude, the decisions made and an uncontrollable amount of time needed to attain success
or lack thereof, with respect to attitude and correct decisions, to facilitate failure [ time is
always an uncontrollable factor ]. With the right attitude, correctly made decisions and a
proportion of time, one can accomplish anything.