- As taught to me through my training as a student of Ernie Reyes' West Coast Tae
Kwon Do Association under specific instructions from Sensei James Farmer:
- I come to you with only Tae Kwon Do, my empty hands and feet. I have no weapons, but
should I be forced to defend myself, my honor or my principals, should it be a matter of life or
death, of right or wrong, then here are my weapons my empty hands and feet.
- I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that will reduce my
mental growth or physical health.
- I intend to develop self-discipline so as to bring out the best in myself and others.
- I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and defensively [ to help myself
and my fellow human beings ], and never be abusive or offensive.